Sometimes, the smallest reminders can be the biggest motivation. Review these business quotes to inspire you and your executive team.
We’ve all had those days. Your to-do list keeps piling up, your tank is quickly draining, and you’re running on fumes! You seriously contemplate throwing in the towel and taking that year-long vacation to Italy.
It’s easy to keep sinking further into this mindset, but keeping a motivational quote nearby from the best brains in business can give you the jolt you need — without the caffeine jitters!
Business quotes on taking action
We’ve all heard the buzzwords — grit, resilience, drive — but what does it mean to truly take action? Read more below:
1. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.”
— Socrates, father of Western philosophy
By focusing on the future and using the past to inform your decisions, rather than dwelling on the past, you open yourself, and your business, up to new possibilities.
3.“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
— John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States
A leader isn’t always the person with the right title, but the one with the right attitude.
2. “Always deliver more than expected.”
— Larry Page, co-founder of Google
The difference between the good and the great is those who go the extra mile.
Business quotes on relationships
Relationships bring meaning to our lives, and if you’re able to develop great business relationships, get ready to reap the benefits (both financially and personally). Get inspired below:
4. «Business happens over years and years. Value is measured in the total upside of a business relationship, not by how much you squeezed out in any one deal.”
— Mark Cuban, Entrepreneur
Trust is the most important part of any good relationship — whether it’s business or personal. If you’re willing to sacrifice someone’s trust with the aim of making a sale, that will surely be the last one you make to them!
5. «It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently”
— Warren Buffet, Investor
Good relationships take time and effort to build, and this effort must be put in consistently. There’s no shortcut to building and maintaining a great relationship.
6. «All things being equal, people will do business with a friend; all things being unequal, people will still do business with a friend.»
— Mark McCormack, Businessman
People do business with people they like — plain and simple. Being a good friend to someone will pay off in dividends down the road.
7. Personal relationships are the fertile soil from which all advancement, all success, all achievement in real life grows.» — Ben Stein, Comedian
Nobody is an island, and everyone needs some help every once in a while. Your achievements in life are often linked to the help of others.
Business quotes on communication
Being a good communicator doesn’t come naturally to most. But, it can be learned. Read more below:
8. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”
— Peter Drucker, Management Consultant
Understanding someone’s intent, reading body language and asking deeper questions can often help you become a better communicator.
9.“The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives.”
— Tony Robbins, Author and Coach
We live in an interconnected world, where communication is constant, and the need to understand and be understood is paramount. If you are able to master the art of communication, you’ll be well on your way to success.
10. “In many ways, effective communication begins with mutual respect, communication that inspires, and encourages others to do their best.”
— Zig Ziglar, Author and Motivational Speaker
Good communication is not only about being heard, it’s about listening to others. As we all know, the hallmark of great communication is that it’s a two way street — a fact which many often forget.
At the end of the day, business quotes are just that — motivational quotes to inspire the greatness you have inside you. Now, it’s time to take action and apply these principles to your daily life. Take action to move your business forward, spend the time building meaningful relationships, and refine your communication skills — and you will be well on your way to success!